Sunflower Foundation believes that by connecting people and ideas, we can build collaborative partnerships and create innovative approaches to improving the health of all Kansans.
Since our inception in 2000, Sunflower Foundation’s formula has remained very much the same: We work with mission-aligned nonprofits and communities in ways that are most convenient for them, and we invest in catalytic concepts that allow them the time, space and flexibility to produce the change they desire.
We support communities and people through:
- System-focused investments that create synergy and collective impact;
- Responsive investments that build the capacity of health-focused nonprofits to better meet the needs of their communities;
- Education and collaborative learning opportunities that engage and empower individuals and organizations working to create a healthier Kansas;
- Advocacy to assist nonprofits in finding and amplifying their voices to raise awareness of key health issues.
Sunflower Grant Opportunities
* Requests for Proposal are issued and posted periodically. Click below to see the latest RFP opportunities:
Strategic grantmaking at the system and organizational levels
Periodic Requests for Proposal (RFP) to support large-scale investments
Nonprofit Center support that connects people and ideas and builds organizational and systems capacity for nonprofits
Targeted education, training, and collaborative learning opportunities designed to address problems that drive poor health outcomes in communities across the state